USSC Stove - Almost There!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tractorboy924

Jul 7, 2008
Western NY
First year running a pellet stove and I thought it would take us a bit to get used to it like it did when we first starting burning wood. There definately are tricks to it..but been relatively painless and been running good learned alot and Almost done with the heating season. for atleast the super cold stuff here in western NY.
Happy with the way it all turned out. I gotta say I like the pellet stove!!!!

That's awesome ! But did you not think you would make it through ?

Ya I figure on going about another month and that's it. I'm going to let oil cover the shoulder season like I did last spring. Right now is when local dealers run their existing pellet stocks out anyway, I noticed HD in one town locally has exactly 1 pallet left. TSC still has quite a lot but what they do is, as stores run out, they will grab stock from places ones who still have more inventory ( like where I get mine from, they've had good stock all winter). Last year by the mid first week of April the only places with pellets were the expensive places. Not that the pellets are bad but cost wise might as well burn oil for those prices.

Last edited:
First year running a pellet stove and I thought it would take us a bit to get used to it like it did when we first starting burning wood. There definately are tricks to it..but been relatively painless and been running good learned alot and Almost done with the heating season. for atleast the super cold stuff here in western NY.
Happy with the way it all turned out. I gotta say I like the pellet stove!!!!
Good to hear that you are happy with your purchase! Not too tough getting used to pellet heat vs wood heat? A little more costly but a whole lot easier than c/s/s wood and allowing it to season properly.