USSC 6041 Auger Running Backward

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb Joens

Nov 12, 2013
Central Iowa
I replaced the auger motor on my US Stove 6041 and everything between the two motors looked identical. Once i started the stove the auger motor is running backwards. I tried switching the wires to the motor and it still runs backwards. The motor is made specifically for this stove, and everything is hooked up the same way as i took it off. I am stumped on this one, anyone seen this or heard of it that can offer suggestions?

Thanks.

You need to take the armature out of the motor and flip it over. Then the motor will run the other way

I dont think that is possible, the armarture is geared on one end and the shaft is longer on the geared end. It will not fit back in if i flip it.

I ended up having to flip the motor upside-down and use the old gearbox and armature. Its running good now, thanks for the help.

You need to take the armature out of the motor and flip it over. Then the motor will run the other way
If it's like the open frame motors that ESW uses, you flip the coil leaving the armature as it is.

Sorry meant the coil pack...ooopppss

Status
Not open for further replies.