Using Osburn 2200 Insert with Eco Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dima1973

Feb 12, 2017
Philadelphia, pa
Hello,
I'm new to woodburning. Just last week I installed Osburn 2200 woodburning insert. Now I'm looking for ways to distribute heat to other rooms. I tried using build in blower, small fan pointed at the stove from cold room, etc... My floor plan is not really open and other rooms get kind of cold with the stove room hovering around 75.
Did anyone try using Ecofan with this particular insert? With blowers the top hovers around 250-300 and with them off it is around 400. My main concern is that my insert only had about 4.5" shelf on the top to place the fan and I'm not sure if it will have enough temperature difference because I have surround right behind it.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Using Osburn 2200 Insert with Eco Fan
    20170206_234435.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
That probably won't be very effective. The insert blower is the best bet to convect heat from the insert. That will not do much for heat circulation though outside of the room if it is closed off. Can you post a sketch of the floor plan? Is there a basement below this room?