using a pellet stove as a boiler assist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johncro

Hearth Supporter
Nov 30, 2008
ny
does anyone have any ideas of how to use a pellet stove to help heat my baseboard heating system so i can distrubute the heat better in my home. i have an englander 25 installed right next to my boiler in my basement. anyone with any ideas?

johncro said:
does anyone have any ideas of how to use a pellet stove to help heat my baseboard heating system so i can distrubute the heat better in my home. i have an englander 25 installed right next to my boiler in my basement. anyone with any ideas?

Good luck. You would need a water jacket of some sort. Little more than my ability. Better check local codes before you get to far into it. I know Harman makes a pellet boiler and there is a large difference from an Englander and the Harman boiler.

Eric

I assume your pellet stove puts out hot air, you could get some finned pipe from a base board and run it across the hot air outlet from your stove. probably more than one pass through the hot air would work the best, then rig up a circulator to run continuously bypassing the boiler/circulator you already have. You may still need the furnace for big temp changes, but constantly circulating warm water will give you some heat everywhere there is a baseboard I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.