Used Regency F3100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PlanB

Feb 8, 2019
South Jersey
Ill be looking at a used Regency F3100.this weekend (asking $600 ) Is there anything I should be on the lookout for? Just from the pictures it looks to be clean,he says its 100% and all the bricks are good.

Ill be looking at a used Regency F3100.this weekend (asking $600 ) Is there anything I should be on the lookout for? Just from the pictures it looks to be clean,he says its 100% and all the bricks are good.
Check the back corners in the top for cracking in the secondary air manifold. And in the front inside above the door for cracking or distortion. If it is just the air deflector there that is no big deal to replace. If it is the air channel itself that's a problem

Check the back corners in the top for cracking in the secondary air manifold. And in the front inside above the door for cracking or distortion. If it is just the air deflector there that is no big deal to replace. If it is the air channel itself that's a problem
Thats just the kind of info I need.Thank you
Last year was my first Real wood stove (Kent tile fire) works good,but need bigger
(30wx60l X13 h) Pole Barn(semi insulated)
I just saw this up by the top right corner,,,Next to Reporting ...I think it says,,,May 93? Is that the year manufactured??If so,isn't that a bit old to be buying even if it is in good condition?

Used Regency F3100

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry,not trying to be a PITA just trying to get it right
would the cracking in the secondary manifold be what the air tubes connect to in pic #36-37? Or the baffle set above it #37

Used Regency F3100

Sorry,not trying to be a PITA just trying to get it right
would the cracking in the secondary manifold be what the air tubes connect to in pic #36-37? Or the baffle set above it #37

View attachment 262519
What the tubes connect to the baffle is a replaceable part and may be steel in one that old. Your deflector will be welded in not bolt in like 43