Use that safety gear, folks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarton

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2014
Pelham, NH
Burn pot liner had hard carbon buildup that I couldn't break off with my gasket scraper, so I took it out to the back steps with the cordless drill-driver and wire brushes. I went at it all gung-ho on it, holding the liner down on the stairs with the left hand whilst attacking the liner, with the drill at high speed. Tired from working outside all day, wanted to get it done.

Of course the brush grabbed, and then rammed right into my thumb, the brass bristles tearing away at the glove. There's no way I'd be typing anything right now, or getting much done around the house for a week or two. I'd either be sitting on the couch in agony, or at the emergency room.

Of course, what I should have done was clamp the brush to the workbench and kept my digits out of harm's way altogether. But it was a mess. So after cleaning the stove, I cleaned up the workbench, too.

Stay warm and safe, folks!

Reactions: bogieb and Shane1
Yikes, glad it wasn't worse.

We all do stupid/not so safe things when we rush or are distracted or tired. It is always that split second right before something happens that a little voice in my head says, "that's not a good idea." And then bam! Usually happens when I work on the Jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.