US stove and King 5500 owners, pellet saving tip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManCaver

Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
Hello folks, new around here, and my first season as a basement dweller. Just wanted to share a tip I found for the 5500 owners out there that seems to have been skipped in the manual.

On the control board if you hold the AUX up and Heat Range up buttons simultaneously you can adjust the maximum feed rate for heat range 5.

Same goes for the minimum Hold the AUX down and Heat Range Down buttons simultaneously and you can adjust the minimum feed rate for heat range 1.

What I did was adjusted the minimum down to 1.5 set the heat range to 1 and found where the minimum feed rate was to keep it on. Mine was 1.5, your results may vary. Then I set the maximum feed rate about 2.5. What this does is allows you to turn the stove down and save pellets while still producing a little bit of heat, and by setting the maximum down lower is you can utilize heat range 2-5 without having a huge jump in pellet consumption.

This may be a well known thing but I just wanted to share in case others weren't aware.

Hello folks, new around here, and my first season as a basement dweller. Just wanted to share a tip I found for the 5500 owners out there that seems to have been skipped in the manual.

On the control board if you hold the AUX up and Heat Range up buttons simultaneously you can adjust the maximum feed rate for heat range 5.

Same goes for the minimum Hold the AUX down and Heat Range Down buttons simultaneously and you can adjust the minimum feed rate for heat range 1.

What I did was adjusted the minimum down to 1.5 set the heat range to 1 and found where the minimum feed rate was to keep it on. Mine was 1.5, your results may vary. Then I set the maximum feed rate about 2.5. What this does is allows you to turn the stove down and save pellets while still producing a little bit of heat, and by setting the maximum down lower is you can utilize heat range 2-5 without having a huge jump in pellet consumption.

This may be a well known thing but I just wanted to share in case others weren't aware.

You can adjust your draft fan the same way, just instead of Heat Range push the Draft Fan. But after you do this for either setting you MUST push the on button for the changes to take or it will go back to what ever you had previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.