Unused Glo-Fire 301

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bigfattyt

May 10, 2019
Washington
Brand new member here.

Grew up with a free standing Morso, similar to the 1410 but rectangular body, and the upper top was curved. Squirrels and nuts and oak leaves. Dad installed it 40 years ago.

Anyway, I stumbled across a local sale for a Glo-Fire 301.

Completely unfired, and unused. Still has the parts packed inside, and has the manual. No rust, no dust, no use at all.

They had it marked at $200 but the old guy said he'd let it go for $100

I left it there (they closed the estate sale at 4 pm) reopen at 9am.

The stove was still there at 4.

My house is not set up for a stove. I'd have to find a place. I don't have a cabin, or outside work shop (I do have an u heated garage, but don't spend much time in it in winter).

I'm thinking of picking it up, and holding in to it, and possibly installing in my house (two story house, and not sure where I'd put it).

I've attached a pic of the manual.

I have no idea how old it is (cant be too old, as the manual says made in Taiwan)

I know it is a copy of the Jotul 602

Attachments

• 20190510_164058.jpg
    20190510_164058.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 969
Last edited:
Yes, it's a Taiwanese knock-off. They were common in the late 70s until Jotul took them to court. The quality is often not up to Jotul standards, but some were ok. It might be a decent little area heater though not up to WA state emissions requirements and not approved for new installs. Therefore it may not pass inspection or insurance requirements.