Universal chimney cap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shredit

Nov 10, 2017
Bonner , Idaho
Moved into a very old house. There is a brick chimney with a 6 inch pipe inside. It stubs out of the stop of the chimney about a foot. I've been calling around trying to find a cap and all the places near me say they need to know the brand of the pipe to get the right cap. I have no idea what the brand is or how to tell without there being some kind of marking. Shirley somebody makes a cap that can be used on many different stove pipes? Maybe a clamp on? I'm living in a rental, will be here 5 years at the absolute most. Stove is a blaze king princess if that makes a difference

The stove is probably not important.
What IS important is what you have at the top of your
chimney & whether or not that installation is correct.
Can you post a pic so we can see what you have?

Reactions: shredit
Universal chimney cap? Universal chimney cap? Universal chimney cap? Here it is. Looks like stainless, single wall. There are no markings on it.

You are correct in thinking brand really doesn’t matter. You just need a rigid liner cap. It should be crimped and just slide into your existing pipe. No biggie

Last edited:
Yeah it doesnt matter what brand any rigid cap will work infact most flex caps will work to

Reactions: webby3650