United stove company heat loss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Realyfe90

Jan 31, 2019
Maine
Alright folks, I'm sure this is a common theme for this stove but here goes. I have recently bought a 5500 United stove company. It's been about a month and it has been a great stove...up until it blew a fuse for the ignitor, nbd as I replaced that and was on my way. Since that has happened the stove will not run over 450 on the setting 5 (hooked up to thermostat), it will burn no issues and all of the sudden it will cut back and burn down to nothing??? Then will ramp back up and do the same thing. It ran close to 650 before the ignitor fuse went now I dont know what the issue is?? Suggestions ?

Hello...
Since i have the same stove...what numbers are you referring to here? 450?650?
And i never had to run my stove above setting 3 to get extreme heat out of it...
Lets talk...