underground yellow jackets don't want to die

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Have someone come out to steam your carpets...and stuff the hose in the hole for a while...bonus points from wife, toasted YJ nest, win/win! ::-)

Here is a trick that works. Take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it 3/4s full of water. Put it on a level surface near the nest after dark. Take a 3 or 4" wide plank and smear a glob of cat food in the center. Place this board, upside down centered on the bucket so that the cat food side is facing downward toward the water. Put a stone on top to keep it in place. The yellowjackets will go for the food and then drop off as they attempt to fly with a fat belly. This trap can catch hundreds passively.
View attachment 329347
But jpw would you keep stray cats recoons skuks etc away. Too many wild critters in this semi rural property. LOL

Bee suits are like $40 last time I bought one. They’re worth their weight in gold! If you have lots of nests, it’s not a bad purchase!
I heartly agree they make a "no seems 2 pc suits and are fabulous caled "no seems ems". They have saved us e sev times.. Worth their weight but most people unf ort are too cheapo. In my hum ble opinion Just commenting But unfortunately lots of times you dont reLIZE THEY ARE EVEN THERE ....We get stung

The largest nest I’ve ever treated was the size of my truck door.

The largest void nest was an entire 16” on center stud bay in a garage.

Just heard a new one for dealing with a ground nest...dry ice down the hole...suffocates them.

Yes had read that too
Not sure where to get it though around here.

Yes had read that too
Not sure where to get it though around here.
We have a local dairy that would sell it off the dock, along with ice cream seconds...but that lil deal has dried up.

Reactions: stoveliker