Uh huh…..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Apr 12, 2022
Hampstead, MD
So my non wood stove friend today on the phone, “Matt, you HAVE ENOUGH WOOD!” And I’m kinda like, “Dude, it’s a three year cycle, the stuff needs to dry. I don’t know how much I’ll use, last winter was mild, etc”. There’s nothing to say to the unbeliever. You just have to hear them out. Then get chopping. And I’m excited for 2024.

Uh huh…..

Reactions: patrickk222
Ha, Yeah everyone here has heard that before. I used to get it but not from my wife. So it's all good. She loves the stove too much.

Reactions: Investment Camper
Just invite him for an evening near the wood stove when his power is out and it's 25 F or below and howling.
He'll eat his words.

I heard that just recently and I only have about 4 cords currently. People don’t get it- even most people who actually burn wood.

Now when I get asked I just say ENOUGH

Just last night my neighbor was surprised at what I have stacked. Last year he had the same reaction, early season, and then didn't believe I had used as much as I did.

We all get it, some just don't.

A neighbor yelped at me, I just asked how much was your heating bill last year. he just kind of tucked tail and slunk away.

I'm curious to see if my newish neighbor's nervous wife will ask me again this year if "I'm following all the fire rules with so much wood".
3 plus cords should be arriving in Sept.
I told her it wouldn't even light on fire even if i took my weed burner torch to the green wood.
She declined the offer to demonstrate it.

I'm curious to see if my newish neighbor's nervous wife will ask me again this year if "I'm following all the fire rules with so much wood".
I told her it wouldn't even light on fire even if i took my weed burner torch to the green wood.
She declined the offer to demonstrate it.
Ask her to produce the "rules" for a look.

The stacks did look kind of crappy which was probably the real issue. I burned at least 1/2 of the "offending" stacks and will make the new stacks neater and more "presentable".

former residence , most of the original owners in neighborhood sold. Then one of the new ones went on a rampage about every little thing. didt't like my truck on drive or my 16 ft 10 ton trailer ( niether fit in garage ). OMG my stacks of firewood were a fire hazard all 30 cords worth ( neatly stacked and tarped ) my front evergreens weren't trimmed to their liking , mail box was too big , my saws made too much noise ( these are all 3/4 acre or larger lots) My weeping willows were too tall ect . I was doing some landscaping for water run off and they bitched about my skid steer. After a year of these stupid letters from the city , I sued for harassment ( several other neighbors joined the suit). won the case and then sold the place. Out in the hinter lands now, life is peaceful.

I used to get that quite a bit but I too am in the “hinter lands” so only have the occasional passer by. And then it’s the same ole speech: 3 years cycle (minimum with outdoor gasser and elm), wife loves house at 75°, and most importantly I love to cut wood. But I must say, the last 3 winters have been so warm I feel cheated lol!

Reactions: johneh
former residence , most of the original owners in neighborhood sold. Then one of the new ones went on a rampage about every little thing. didt't like my truck on drive or my 16 ft 10 ton trailer ( niether fit in garage ). OMG my stacks of firewood were a fire hazard all 30 cords worth ( neatly stacked and tarped ) my front evergreens weren't trimmed to their liking , mail box was too big , my saws made too much noise ( these are all 3/4 acre or larger lots) My weeping willows were too tall ect . I was doing some landscaping for water run off and they bitched about my skid steer. After a year of these stupid letters from the city , I sued for harassment ( several other neighbors joined the suit). won the case and then sold the place. Out in the hinter lands now, life is peaceful.
That’s a stressful thing to be dealing with. Glad to you all won the case!