TY emoji

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

stoveliker

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2019
Long Island NY
I propose to have a "thank you" emoji added to the standard response ones one can click on at a post (like the thumbs up, smile, sad, etc. ones)

Saying thank you without having to create a post for that is useful. And the right thing to do, I think.

TY

The current emoji set goes back to 2005. They are a bit tired. There should be a more robust set available now.

Reactions: stoveliker
Yes, I think it would be useful especially for a website where advice is asked and given.

They are also bitmapped for the most part. Modern webfont libraries have emojis now. The standard thank you emoji is 🙏. That said, I created a few of the bitmapped emoji's for Craig back in 2005 and could create one for thank you. It could be as simple as this.

[Hearth.com] TY emoji

Yeah, I don't care how it looks ;-)

Are there copyright issues if one takes a screen grab of a emoji elsewhere?

Xenforo has tons of options, for example this is what users have access to on another forum I am on. We use the big smiley face as the thanks button. You can also associate rep points with the different emojis.

[Hearth.com] TY emoji

I see emoji's copy/pasted all the time. The fact that they can be pasted into existing text here indicates they are in the font library, just not exposed yet. 🙏🏼😺🤷 Remember, hearth.com started under entirely different php software than xenforo. It's probably just a plugin that exposes them.

I suppose it’s different for each person, and maybe a generational thing, but searching for the perfect emoji to express yourself with seems like more work than typing, “Thank you! That’s just what I was searching for!”

But again, that may just be me, lol.

I'm not searching for a perfect emoji, I was just asking for one that said ty.

(And I'm not so sure I'm younger than you...)

I suppose it’s different for each person, and maybe a generational thing, but searching for the perfect emoji to express yourself with seems like more work than typing, “Thank you! That’s just what I was searching for!”

But again, that may just be me, lol.
Most good forum software allows exposure of a subset. Then the user can also scroll down to more options. Here is the subset on two other xenforo forums I am on.

[Hearth.com] TY emoji

We use Slack for work (inviting too much nonsense...), but I like the TY icon there. Saves a post, a resulting notification, and is a polite and non intrusive way to express appreciation.

Picture?

Doesn't matter; your yellow one fits the bill as well.
But this is.it

[Hearth.com] TY emoji

And in response mode (like thumbs up);

[Hearth.com] TY emoji

Nice, I like it.

Likely custom though. The standard emoji library symbol is the hands

🙏​

:man shrugging: