two pack of Fiskars Pro IsoCore 6 pounder for $85 at online at Target

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mar13

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2018
California redwood coast
I already have the 8 pounder and a splitting axe, so no use for me to spend money to save money. If somebody, however, needs one and wants to gift the other, I stumbled upon this deal at online Target.

Reactions: bikedennis
I already have the 8 pounder and a splitting axe, so no use for me to spend money to save money. If somebody, however, needs one and wants to gift the other, I stumbled upon this deal at online Target.
His and hers? I almost bought it but I don’t need another let alone two.

Thanks - I have a pair on the way. The X27 and 8 lb sledge work fantastic, but what a deal! I'll probably keep 1 and pass the other along to a brother or my father. Cheers!

Is the synthetic strap on the sides of the wedge vulnerable to damage and wear?

I imagine it's like the splitting axes (X27, etc.). I've done...probably 5-7 cord a year for that past 10+ years. Minimal scuff/wear but never any failure or breakage. Others on here have submitted to Fiskars for replacement under warranty without issue. TL;DR: I'd say yes, but the quality in my experience allows for actual use/abuse without failure or problems. Just my 2 cents!

I may be mistaken. I could not get a picture that was clear and may have presumed it was the same design as the ax.