Twin turbo butter softener

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

snobuilder

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2021
WI
Burnin and churnin and working the wood splits

20220311_163650.jpg 20220311_163303.jpg 20220311_163256.jpg 20220311_163714.jpg

Last edited:
are you needing to dry out more wood?

If so, I'd put them farther away and possibly in an airstream of a fan. That will be safer and likely as effective.

(And does buttered wood burn better? ;-) )
Or are you paying enough attention to avoid the butter melting and running all over your wood (cherry?).

Just spreadable and wood was toasty,.... get it, toasty?

FWIW,.......Testing continues,==c
Peasant Hearth stove moved up another notch in efficiency and safety with the added side plenums and fans.
ZC frame is cool to the touch. Hearth will be rebuilt with 1" micore 300, tile backer and granite reset and extended.

Last edited:
are you needing to dry out more wood?

If so, I'd put them farther away and possibly in an airstream of a fan. That will be safer and likely as effective.
Agree.👍 I have splits standing up in front of stove.
5 minute warm up. Wood is a bit wet. Never leave it on stove for a long time.

Just spreadable and wood was toasty,.... get it, toasty?

FWIW,.......Testing continues,==c
Peasant Hearth stove moved up another notch in efficiency and safety with the added side plenums and fans.
ZC frame is cool to the touch. Hearth will be rebuilt with 1" micore 300, tile backer and granite reset and extended.
There is absolutely nothing safe about this setup. And you most likely dropped the efficiency by dropping firebox temps.

What instrumentation are you using for your "testing"?

Agree.👍 I have splits standing up in front of stove.
5 minute warm up. Wood is a bit wet. Never leave it on stove for a long time.

A system is intrinsically safer if don't depend on not forgetting something for its safety.

Reactions: jalmondale