Tuning my pdv-25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8402MITCH

Nov 6, 2015
Walpole , NH
My stove burns extremely hot and goes through a bag of pellets in 3-4 hours. I've tried to reset the board and found my A,B,C,D setting on "A" which research tells me is the hottest setting. When i reset it to the "D" setting it doesn't seem to set. I rechecked it several times, and it is always back on "A", Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Englander told me that mode A was the most mild heat setting for my 25 pdv but i have an older model

Last edited:
Mines a 2008 model
Running in "c" mode for the past 5 years...was in D 2 years prior.
Burning Curran hard/soft mix pellets
Bottom 3 buttons 3-4-1
Heat setting 1-5 till it gets cooler outside then up the heat as required.

Runs like a top with good heat control.

Mines a 2008 model
Running in "c" mode for the past 5 years...was in D 2 years prior.
Burning Curran hard/soft mix pellets
Bottom 3 buttons 3-4-1
Heat setting 1-5 till it gets cooler outside then up the heat as required.

Runs like a top with good heat control.
Mine is a 2000. You like those currans??? They produce so much ash in mine that if i let it go 8 hours the pot was full. Regardless of what i set it at.

Been burning Currans for 6 years now..not the best pellet, but good heat and have to keep an eye on the burn pot...i clean it out with a paint scraper morning and night. Told my Son to pick me up a couple of pallets of LaCretes(my Fav) from HD, but he showed up with Currans again. Dumba$$ just doesn't listen.

Been burning Currans for 6 years now..not the best pellet, but good heat and have to keep an eye on the burn pot...i clean it out with a paint scraper morning and night. Told my Son to pick me up a couple of pallets of LaCretes(my Fav) from HD, but he showed up with Currans again. Dumba$$ just doesn't listen.
Maybe i ended up with bad batch.. the ash was unreal.. scooping it out every couple hours. Still have about 40+ bags of it too :-(

My settings are already at 1-1. The base at 3-3-1. I still burn extremely hot and go through a bag in 5 hours max. My alpha setting is at "A" and I've tried to set to "D" several times, Every time I check the setting it's back on "A". Any ideas?

From what i understand from reading on here there is a seperate sequence to get to the mode settings and to reset them.. are you sure you are arent resetting the mode to factory every time you check it? Personally i would be calling englander to figure out the issue. Have you called them?

Hey Mitch...did you ever get this sorted out..??
I been waiting for him post back as well.. im curious what was or is wrong..

I dont understand why they need to change things so much on the same model over years.. i mean as far as the heat modes go anyways.. you say mode A is danger but yet on my 25pdv englander said A was the most mild setting.. i for one think they should offer this information in detail on there website at the very least. It should be stated in the owners manual. Should have detailed description for each model thru the years with all changes made. Just my opinion.

DO NOT RUN THE STOVE IN 'A' or 'b' mode, it will over fire the stove and may cause a house fire. The stove was not designed to run in modes 'A' or 'b'.

Spoke with Englander a few years back and was told the above. I could be wrong though...??

DO NOT RUN THE STOVE IN 'A' or 'b' mode, it will over fire the stove and may cause a house fire. The stove was not designed to run in modes 'A' or 'b'.

Spoke with Englander a few years back and was told the above. I could be wrong though...??

Copied and pasted from englander techs email.. this is for my 25 pdv year 2000

The difference between mode A and mode C is rather much. Mode A is the mildest mode in terms of heat output and should only be used for that reason. Mode C is the hottest as it has the highest feed rate and longest auger on time.

I just read an old post and it states same...2000 PDV model settings are different from my 2008 model.

I just read an old post and it states same...2000 PDV model settings are different from my 2008 model.

Thats why i think that explanations of these settings should be listed somewhere. Think of how many phones would be freed up for actual problems and troubleshooting. Not too mention the potential dangers of someone reading a post and decide to run the same settings just because its the same model stove..

Status
Not open for further replies.