Tulikivi maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

conifer4

Nov 6, 2021
Ohio
My masonry heater installer gave unclear instructions, and first time I used heater (10yrs ago) - water came out and stained water lines down the exterior. I also have slight soot discoloration over my main door and pizza-door. How can I clean this - without rubbing the soot 'into' the stone? It is simple uncoated tulikivi stone. (Was wildly expensive - and after 10years of hating the installer+buy experience - a supplier active in this forum - i am going to fix these stains if feasible).

Hi - I have tulikivi stone masonry heater. Wont mention installer/maker but leaked water in early days. I want to re-point. It is classic white/whitish mortar material. Where to buy? How to do it? And, does anyone in NE Ohio do this - maybe just have it done vs DIY. Thank you so much for advice.

The maintenance manuals are here:

Try Tulikivi customer service to locate mortar and service:

Tulikivi North America

Customer Service​

9-4 EST Monday to Friday​

1 800 843 3473​

[email protected]