Tula 8190 Wobbly handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Peegee

Apr 30, 2020
Canada
I have a Tula 8190 and the handle has increasingly become more side-to-side wobbly over the last couple of years. It still closes the door firmly and effectively. I took the plate off the inside of the door to access the mechanisms, unscrewed the bolt holding the handle onto the axis. It's the round spindle on the inside (that has a hex locking screw) that is wobbling a lot. I could not figure out why it was so wobbly or how to fix it. There seemed to be no way to get to the other side of the spindle.

The backing of the door has small screws but these these seem redundant to remove the backing as there seem to be welds attaching the back of door to front.

Any ideas how to stop the wobble

Go to your local Hearthstone Dealer. He should be able to access
the Hearthstone Stoves Dealer login portal & if there is a repair
procedure he can print you a copy.

Reactions: Peegee