Trying to replace some double wall pipe, don't know the brand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

holiday422003

Jan 29, 2022
Livingston, TX
I'm trying to replace a few of my double wall pipes that were here when I purchased the home, I checked the pipes and no name, company, numbers or brands on any of the pieces. How do I find out what brand I have? Thanks for your time.

Trying to replace some double wall pipe, don't know the brand Trying to replace some double wall pipe, don't know the brand Trying to replace some double wall pipe, don't know the brand Trying to replace some double wall pipe, don't know the brand Trying to replace some double wall pipe, don't know the brand

That is chimney pipe. It looks like it might be Duravent's Duratech but that's just a guess. Are you replacing all the chimney pipe? Can you show the interior fittings and stove pipe that connects to this chimney?

That is chimney pipe. It looks like it might be Duravent's Duratech but that's just a guess. Are you replacing all the chimney pipe? Can you show the interior fittings and stove pipe that connects to this chimney?
That's the thing, we only have the pipe going through the ceiling with flashing, roof support and cap, no ceiling box or adapter, the pipe was supported by pieces of wood attached to the ceiling, we have a wood burning fireplace and just want to replace a few of the double wall rusty pipes, along with getting the box and adapter, the pipe that is still on the roof looks good inside, looks like those parts were replaced recently, but not the lower ones that I have pictured. We got on the roof to see if we could find any markings for brand but no luck.

the pipe was supported by pieces of wood attached to the ceiling,:ZZZ:ZZZ
That's a red flag. 🚩🚩🚩It sounds like this may need a full replacement. Can you post some pictures of the ceiling penetration from both sides (top and bottom)?

That's a red flag. 🚩🚩🚩It sounds like this may need a full replacement. Can you post some pictures of the ceiling penetration from both sides (top and bottom)?
Thank you for your response, I can tomorrow, I'm at my old house packing up. The sellers took their stove with them and left the stove pipe, apparently they have a different pip set up where ever they moved.