Trying to identify stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Amy00420

Jul 19, 2024
Texas
Good morning from Texas. I am trying to find out what kind of stove this is. Person I got it from said it was a Franklin but I am unsure. Also, where would I go to find feet to fit it and the top of it. thank you for your assistance.

Trying to identify stove,Trying to identify stove Trying to identify stove

Good morning from Texas. I am trying to find out what kind of stove this is. Person I got it from said it was a Franklin but I am unsure. Also, where would I go to find feet to fit it and the top of it. thank you for your assistance.

View attachment 328434

View attachment 328435

View attachment 328436
Well first off its a coal stove not a wood stove. Does it say made in Taiwan on the back? It looks similar to the cheap Taiwan remakes but I don't remember any of them having the no 24 on the ash lip.

I think the original was the Washington Stove Company No 24. I don’t remember seeing 24 on any either. Maybe that means it’s an original in a sea of reproductions, or it could be a reproduction they named No 24.

There are (or were) many manufacturers of that stove. I’m not sure if the legs interchange.

Reactions: bholler
I think the original was the Washington Stove Company No 24. I don’t remember seeing 24 on any either. Maybe that means it’s an original in a sea of reproductions, or it could be a reproduction they named No 24.

There are (or were) many manufacturers of that stove. I’m not sure if the legs interchange.
The handles and Castings don't really look right for an original. But it could easily be the paint throwing it off.

I have to wonder if the person that repainted it used high temp paint. If they didn’t… open the windows!

I have to wonder if the person that repainted it used high temp paint. If they didn’t… open the windows!
I highly doubt they did. And I wouldn't fire it with regular paint on it. Especially not inside

Looks like the Mary Kay or Pepto Bismol of stoves. I suspect Taiwan knockoff too. If so, there is usually a nickel bar below the door that covers over the 24.