Troubleshooting Blower Speed on Quad Castile Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

scagger

Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2008
Central MA
Does anyone have any troubleshooting techniques on how I would go about determining if I have a bad rocker switch or if it's the board? My switch no longer works at all and I have only one speed. Can't tell if it's medium or high because it's been broken for so long. I'd like to fix it because the fan is quite loud and disrupts me from watching tv in the same room.

If you know someone with a similar stove, use their control board to see if it is that. But make sure to unplug stove when installing or removing a control board, or you run the risk of toasting it.Most times it is the switch. kap

Reactions: Ssyko