Q&A Trouble with Hydrohearth boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Does anyone know about HydroHearth fireplace inserts. I am having trouble with the pressure keeps blowing and getting water all over. I bled it and I believe everything is turned on correctly but circulator makes lots of noises. My husband knew what to do but I don't. If would appreciate any input. I live on Long Island if you know any repair people.

Answer:

If the circ is not working, then the unit will quickly overheat. There are many ways such a unit might be hooked up, so I can't comment directly on your setup. The best hookup is to have the HydroHearth on a loop with its own circ which simply goes back and forth to the boiler. This allows the HH to heat the water in the boiler which can then be delivered to the house by the other zones and circs (or zone valves.).

There should be a control near the unit which turn the pump on when the unit hits a certain temperature. Such a control might even have a second stage where it turns on a house circulator if the water temp is too high in the HH loop.

Given these short instructions, any HVAC person of knowledge should be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.