Trouble shoot p-43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

tystick

Aug 28, 2011
upstate ny
Hello,

I need help. I'm a newbie and this is my first year burning pellets. This morning I noticed that my stove's Auger is not feeding. Any steps or advice to diagnose would be appreciate. It's a Harman P43 that I bought used. This is it's second season.

Was your stove burning and went out??? Check for bridging pellets. Did you have an error code? Hopper lid closed and switch worling? Need more info in order to help you out.

Give the stove a good cleaning and lokkinto and vac out the exhaust tunnel. Usually this situation is a cleaning issue.

The stove was running when it went out. I cleaned everything top to bottom as well as the exaust pipes. lid closed. no error codes. Auger simply wont turn. only second season since new.

look to see if you have the "hopper muffler"...orange cylinder, about 1.5" tall in the hopper. If its gets all full up with sawdust it defeats the vacuum sensor and stops the auger. Do not unscrew it to clean it, the hose on the back side will fall behind the stove PITA.

Delta-T said:
look to see if you have the "hopper muffler"...orange cylinder, about 1.5" tall in the hopper. If its gets all full up with sawdust it defeats the vacuum sensor and stops the auger. Do not unscrew it to clean it, the hose on the back side will fall behind the stove PITA.

First I have heard of this. Can you post a picture of this part? I don't believe I have it. What does it do?

I don't see anything resembling that in the hopper. I have a service appt. tomorrow. I'll let everyone know what we find. thanks to all for the advice.

w/ that info it sounds like a hopper switch or auger motor.

running out of pellets (which is what happens when the feeder is interrupted for some reason), is usaully a 6 blink error......concerns me that you didnt have this (circuit board?).....there are alot of things that stop the feeder.......bad feed motor, bad combustion motor, gummy stove (never seen a gummy 43), plugged muffler, fines chamber full, bad gaskets, bad vac switch, dirty unit, plugged exhaust, bad CB, bad ESP probe.......I guess the tech will find it.....tho if it were me, I would test each motor independantly first....feed motor and combustion blower.....AFTER I ensure the fines chanber is unblocked........non-feeds are pretty easy, just takes awhile to narrow stuff down. Warrantee on electrical parts is 2 years, if that helps. There is no warrantee if its a cleaning issue (such as the fines chamber blocked).

Turns out that I had a bad auger motor. It was barely turning when pullled out. Any resistance on it would cause it to stop. Thank again for everyone's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.