Toro Electric Chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TrippRick

Mar 22, 2022
Central Mass / Poland ME
Does anyone own a Toro 60V MAX* 16 in. (40.6 cm) Brushless Chainsaw? How do you like it?

I'll be using the 8amp 60V Max Flex-Force battery that is in the Toro lawnmower.

Was a little surprised that the saw weight is ~ 9.5 # w/o the battery. The battery is ~ 3.7 # so ~ 13 # total. My gas Stihl 025 is ~ 9.5 #.

Was originally thinking of getting an electric saw for smaller jobs but the added weight is throwing me off!

Corded electric saws are lighter - but you're limited to cutting near the home.

The cordless saws generally are heavy and unbalanced. Awkward. At least the two I have run and the other couple I have flipped around are. Yup. Awkward. But they cut wood. In a drama-free boring sort of way.

They don't smell and they don't make much in the way of exciting motor noises. Boo. Lol.

I'll get one. Someday.

I have the small dewalt one and really like it, I try not to do anything too crazy with it but for small jobs it's perfect.

My friend has that toro and i think those same batteries.
He loves it but i prefer my stihl ms250. We've run them side by side and to me i'm just more comfortable with the gas stihl. I like throttling the gas saw, you don't trigger the electric like a gas saw.
The toro and any battery saw's weight and feel are also a bit awkward to me.