too warm, went to chimnea for pyro fix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrpga498

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
New Jersey
Well what else can I say , this weather @#$%^ for getting ready for burning. I have had to test some of my splits in the chimnea to get my firewood burning fix. Anyone else having "non - burn width-drawls ". Just wondering.

Yup - but I am travelling this week and the weather should be getting right by the time I get back / on the weekend. Will see if we need it or not. A fire in t3eh fireplace at a minimum.

stoveguy2esw said:
burned some limbs that fell from the big maple in my back yard in the copper firepit on the deck this weekend, <sigh> and im seeing increased interest in cooking out on the egg

Got to ask, what the heck is cooking on an egg? That must be a Eastern thing?
Don

N6CRV said:
stoveguy2esw said:
burned some limbs that fell from the big maple in my back yard in the copper firepit on the deck this weekend, <sigh> and im seeing increased interest in cooking out on the egg

Got to ask, what the heck is cooking on an egg? That must be a Eastern thing?
Don

http://biggreenegg.com/

It ain't a cooker. It is a cult!

Thanks for the info. I was starting to worry about Mike. That thing does look like a egg.
Don

adrpga498 said:
Well what else can I say , this weather @#$%^ for getting ready for burning. I have had to test some of my splits in the chimnea to get my firewood burning fix. Anyone else having "non - burn width-drawls ". Just wondering.

Yeah I usually burn my junk stuff for late Oct/Nov (cap ends, knots, chunks ect...) but its so warm. I live here in northeastern CT and its 80 degrees out! I would have loved to get a small one going and watch the Red Sox dominate the Indians. I remeber in 04 I just got my Oslo and had some nice break-in fires during The Red Sox comeback aginst the Yankees.....and plus I had the windows open again last night and those Katydids are still hanging on out there "making late October chatter."

The WoodButcher

Sounds like fun, but I have a hard time burning anything if it isn't going to put heat in the house. Went camping this summer and had a hard time to decide which bits of wood to take. Had to dig down and get some of the really crappy stuff. Actually frosted one night of the camp out so that made it a little better.

On the "up" side - it's a rainy 50F here in Kansas, so I'm sure cooler weather is on the way east.

Corey

yeah, well saving the wood supply that is for sure..havent had a fire in 2 weeks...calling for alittle cooler tems at night Thursday, but nothing cold enough yet!

65 and sunny today. No complaints from me. The wood will wait until another day.

Feeling a bit weird and quilty about this topic now that I see Southern Cal. is having bad wildfires. Jeeeez I better be careful about what I say in the future . Pyro was light hearted forum gossip.

Take the chill off fire in the basement office to send a little heat upstairs this morning. 84 this afternoon. We are supposed to get buried in rain tomorrow and then start the sixty something degree days and forty something degree nights for a while that I refer to as woodburner's hell. Start'em up. Let'em burn down. Rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.