Too sick to scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

I had my heart set on scrounging this week, but I picked up a bug over the holidays. The thing that sucks the worst is I'm off all week, and right down the road there is a tree service cutting a few trees down. I even hear the chain saws going and the chipper going. If I didn't feel like absolute crap, I would fill my trailer. :shut:

Drive down there and ask if you could have it delivered for a few $$$$. All they can say is no and get out of the way.

After posting this, I couldn't take it, I took a drive down, but they already chipped everything. Just a few pieces left. Just driving there took everything I had in me. It's back on the couch.

Its just like when we were young and you got sick during winter vacation.....bummer!

Hope you get feeling better soon. Nothings worse then burning vacation time and being sick. I also perk up and need to investigate everytime I hear chainsaws! It's a lovely sound on crisp blue sky days!

Chicken Soup! Pronto

I got the bug on Christmas Eve. It's running rampant around here. Started with sneezing and runny nose... then moved to chest, then to throat. Now it's just congestion and a slightly sore throat.

Backwoods said:
After posting this, I couldn't take it, I took a drive down, but they already chipped everything. Just a few pieces left. Just driving there took everything I had in me. It's back on the couch.

Sick but you still took a drive down, you have a sickness but it's not the bug. :vampire:

Hope your feeling better.

Zap

Well, you can be sick or maybe you'd rather be hurting like I am?! Just between you and me, neither one is good...

Backwoods Savage said:
Well, you can be sick or maybe you'd rather be hurting like I am?! Just between you and me, neither one is good...

Agreed Dennis. Hows the back doing? Any better day by day?

Getting better. Still can't do much work but can do some. I cut a load today. Took most of the day to do it but I got it done. Thank you.

Backwoods Savage said:
Getting better. Still can't do much work but can do some. I cut a load today. Took most of the day to do it but I got it done. Thank you.

Good to hear. One day at a time. Take care and have a good new year.

Backwoods I hope you get better soon being sick is no fun!

Get well
Pete

Backwoods Savage said:
BS, what's up? Sending PM.

I hope both Backwoods (plain & savage) get well soon.
Time & patience :)
All will be good starting 2012 :)

bogydave said:

(plain & savage) thats funny. I lurked on this forum for a very short while, and spent most my time reading all the wiki's and other info on this site outside of this forum. I decided to"jump in" here when it was confirmed that I would indeed be buying a stove and knew I would have questions.

Anywoo, had I paid better attention, I would have never chosen "backwoods", because there was already a backwoods here, backwoods savage! I remember trying something else originally, but it was unavailable, so I went with backwoods. Cause where I live is considered the backwoods. Anyway, Dennis.... I remember searching posts about something and stumbled upon one you had written, if I remember correctly you had said that you had a son in Reading, Pa. Well it just so happens that thats where my parents met, married, had me ect. So I would have to say that I am your unofficial son in wood burning. :lol:

bogydave said:

Ditto, take care and get well soon guys. Lots of sh#t going around lately here too.

Backwoods Savage said:

I was hoping you were doing better . . . didn't see you posting earlier so I was hoping you were just out and about . . . glad to hear you are on the mend.

And get well soon Backwoods (Version 2.0) ;) :)

Backwoods said:
bogydave said:

(plain & savage) thats funny. I lurked on this forum for a very short while, and spent most my time reading all the wiki's and other info on this site outside of this forum. I decided to"jump in" here when it was confirmed that I would indeed be buying a stove and knew I would have questions.

Anywoo, had I paid better attention, I would have never chosen "backwoods", because there was already a backwoods here, backwoods savage! I remember trying something else originally, but it was unavailable, so I went with backwoods. Cause where I live is considered the backwoods. Anyway, Dennis.... I remember searching posts about something and stumbled upon one you had written, if I remember correctly you had said that you had a son in Reading, Pa. Well it just so happens that thats where my parents met, married, had me ect. So I would have to say that I am your unofficial son in wood burning. :lol:

Well son, learn your lessons well and you can then teach your children. lol

Bug goin' round here seems to be a 48 hour thing.

I guess we all know backs don't heal that quickly.

Hang in there guys!

Got the "flue shot" this year for the first time in my life (that I can remember) and I have felt great all winter. I think the really mild winter we have had so far helps a lot too. I recommend trying the flue shot before you get sick.

That is possible. The flu shot will not make you immune to all varieties. On the other hand, I've been getting the flu shot for about 10 years now and have not got the flu since.

Status
Not open for further replies.