Today I drive my ML back home but some after turkey day thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

About two weeks ago we had a discussion about thermostat control. It seems no matter what Temp it is set at the wife and ML
always adjust it upward when she is around. then I go back and re set it downward.
This year I did it differently. I ran the stove as usuall kept it around 70, but I didconnected one wire to the zone they play with
Meaning the can play with all they want and nothing happens. Finally after a couple of days my ML, "remarks there is something wrong with my thermostat."
My response OH! here is the book to re program it . You just can't regulate without re-setting its program unless you place it into manual mode.
Then I ask 75 degrees in here and you want it hotter?

Wed inspection included 4 stoves installed before Turkey day two Pellet stoves an Envioro and Quad Castile. the woodstoves one was a Hampton 3000I insert abd the other an older VC Viligant.
The Viligant was completely rebuilt by this owner It looked terrific one would swear it was a new stove. A realy piece of workmanship during the inspection I asked the owner
what motivated him to rebuild it, as he was detailing the extent he went. He is a member of Hearth.com and was inspired by Struggle's rebuilding with the help of Dylan and Elkimmeg
What a small world. Noticing ash in the fire box I asked him how it worked he told me it functioned better then had ever remembered. I pointed out he still needed to replace the griddle gasket as light from my flashlight leaked threw. other than that what a trerrific job. No I did not tell him I am Elkimmeg the stove and inspection passed

the final inspection of the day was a new chimney throat inspection. which was ok but This is the first for me. It is an exterior chimney built with 8" blocks,
What supprised me is that they shot in 2/4's into the blocks and then plywooded up the exterior and they were installing mwood cedar shingles. I have never seen this ever done before, Mind you, I had doubts about wood shot into the blocks, but they are 8." I told the siding crew to stop till I spoke to the builder. The builder will not be around till Monday. This story will be continued

elkimmeg said:
No I did not tell him I am Elkimmeg the stove and inspection passed

but with this post, don't you think you secret identity is revealed?

True but if he followed my other post he would have figured it out anyways I have posted the town I inspect in before

Status
Not open for further replies.