To complain or not to complain?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody901

Oct 19, 2016
Maryland
Harman Accentra 52i auger noise. I've read a lot about this noise and kinda think it's something I just have to deal with. It does quiet down once the stove warms up. Let me know what you think?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like what you would hear if the auger is jamming. Has it always done this?

Yeah from the very first start up. I'm gonna check the fines box this Sunday during my cleaning. Almost sounds like it is the sheet metal for the hopper vibrating from the motor. When the hopper is almost empty it is even more noticeable

Does it correlate w/ auger motor on? Sounds like bearings to me - my fan starts that sound when it's time to replace convection fan bearings.

Yup, think it's a bad bearing from the factory? 11/9 was the very first start up for the stove.

Yup, think it's a bad bearing from the factory? 11/9 was the very first start up for the stove.

I'd be finding which motor is causing it and looking for warranty. That can only get worse.

Complain

Had the exact noise on my 52i almost out of the box. It was a bearing in one of the blower motors. Technician from where I bought it came by and replaced both and noise disappeared. Definitely call your shop. I hesitated at first but it's under warranty.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it does makes sense when the bearing is cold it's louder and once the stove warms it up it does quiet down. I will be calling!

Harman Accentra 52i auger noise. I've read a lot about this noise and kinda think it's something I just have to deal with. It does quiet down once the stove warms up. Let me know what you think?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And the dog walked by...:D

Reactions: Cody901
Sometimes the place that makes the motors gets a bad batch of bearings from the bidding process - cheaper is getting the bid instead of quality. Yep make it last one day past the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.