TIS Uni wood boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dale Gross

Jan 18, 2008
Asbury NJ
Hello,
Has anyone heard or know anything about the Belkomin TIS line of wood boilers made in Belarus ? There is a company Mbtek selling them from Canada.
Thank You

http://mbtek.ca/
Interesting. Natural vs. reverse gasification. A little less efficient. Modulates down to 30%. $3000CA for 35kW. Pellet Duo (dual fuel) available for 900 more. Interesting.

I would rather see you invest in an EFM, AHS, Axeman Anderson or Leisure Line Coal Stoker boiler
if you intend to burn coal. the problem is the required CSA/UL/ASME certification and welding for insurance coverage.
They may build good boilers; but if you buy one and you have a seam failure or bad controis your out $3K plus.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT with bad controls and lousy plumbers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never heard of these.

First thing I would ask the seller, is if it was CSA certified or not. That's on this side of the border - not sure what would apply south of the border, if unsure I would ask my insurance agent what certification they would need on your new boiler to insure it.

Secondly - by the look of the diagram in the manual I found, it doesn't exactly look like a gasifier. The diagram might not be an accurate representation - but would make me ask more questions.

First impression - looks interesting but raises suspicions.

I've never heard of these.

First thing I would ask the seller, is if it was CSA certified or not. That's on this side of the border - not sure what would apply south of the border
, if unsure I would ask my insurance agent what certification they would need on your new boiler to insure it.

Secondly - by the look of the diagram in the manual I found, it doesn't exactly look like a gasifier. The diagram might not be an accurate representation - but would make me ask more questions.

First impression - looks interesting but raises suspicions.

UL/CSA is a standard requirement for wood boilers sold in N.A. which I seriously doubt this one has and that's the first thing an insurance inspector will look for. There's hundreds of European brands but very few of them make it across the pond because they don't want to pay for the proper certifications. This boiler reminds me of the early days of gasification boilers when people were importing un-certified wood boilers directly from kotly.com in Poland, all to save a few bucks. I wonder how many of those units are still running now, 10 years later....

Looks to be every bit worth the cost. Bottom of the Eko line (the 25) is currently listed on sale for $3680US. http://www.newhorizonstore.com/Products/88-eko-gasification-boiler.aspx

By the looks of the design, it would be a warm bottom end and hot top end while secondary combustion is occurring. Not a bad thing at all. Is that a bypass flap in the diagram (unlisted)? A snip from the Uni manual pdf, notice the 3 and 10 year period for the boiler body:

Biler.PNG

Another snip from the manual pdf:

Biler02.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so sure how hot that top end is. Looks like it's surrounded by water? (Except for the door area). Unless the diagram isn't quite accurate.

Kinda reminds me of other units that had something similar - that suggested a secondary combustion 'gasifying' area, but it didn't really work that way.

Yes, that looks like a bypass flap.

The lack of a CSA/ULC listing/sticker would be enough on its own for me to pass on - unless maybe I was putting it in a shed that I could take a complete loss on without insurance. Far enough away from the house to prevent damage or affect some kind of other claim there - not saying it would hurt the house, but insurance companies will try really hard to get out of paying claims and a boiler without a sticker would give them something to hammer at/with.

Hello,
Has anyone heard or know anything about the Belkomin TIS line of wood boilers made in Belarus ? There is a company Mbtek selling them from Canada.
Thank You
Curious if you went through in purchasing one of these boilers? I am considering one.

Hi am the owner of MBTEK and I am proud to supply with my team the most cost effective boiler for American hardworking families on the market.

Contact us 1-888-301-0737, www.mbtek.ca

We have manual, pellets and coal optimize boiler.

Here a map of our North American boiler client: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PNPqHxidEyyATXEzqmc-qbSiC5o&usp=sharing

You can contact client directly.. I am sure they will be informative and have nice words about it.

Thanks for your attention to our product. These are the best and you can always count on me and my team to help you at any time for any questions.

Happy New Year! Our stock are full of 2018 model ready to ship 3 to 4 days to any US or Canadian address.

Attachments

• 1 Boiler.jpg
    1 Boiler.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,038
  • 1 Pic.jpg
    1 Pic.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 776
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 838
MBTEK welcome- can you provide more information on the style of burn/ design criteria in what is trying to be achieved . here stateside you have to play the game with rules set up the US EPA concerning wood fired equipment - coal is a different matter .

MBTEK welcome- can you provide more information on the style of burn/ design criteria in what is trying to be achieved . here stateside you have to play the game with rules set up the US EPA concerning wood fired equipment - coal is a different matter .
Hi blades, We are a people company and our strength is in quality, efficiency and affordability for people being able to purchase a boiler that will bring warmth and money savings for 20 to 30yrs over. If you are such, welcome in our family. Contact our costumer and you will know we are the best. Thanks

They look interesting but appear to be a conventional boiler with a heat exchanger and some fancy controls. Does any actual secondary burning take place? I would think it would have to in order to not start building creosote when it modulates down from 100 percent.

Reactions: Woodman1
They look interesting but appear to be a conventional boiler with a heat exchanger and some fancy controls. Does any actual secondary burning take place? I would think it would have to in order to not start building creosote when it modulates down from 100 percent.
Are they CSA or UL certified?
The boiler carry the highest standard in the industry and all European certifications. They are fully compatible electrically for USA and Canadian code while not certified CSA / UL. Any question reach us or our customer all over north america for detail operation and feedback.

Sounds like not epa rated either- so unless coal fired not usable stateside.

Sounds like then that they aren't actually CSA certified. Which would make it and the building it is in uninsurable here.
CSA is not a requirement in most province in Canada. In other case the boiler may be put outside. Please see attach

Attachments

• Regulation_.jpg
    Regulation_.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 886
It's typically a great asset to have the manufacturer involved here but it seems like you don't want to answer the question of how it works. You stated twice to call with questions. ?

CSA is not a requirement in most province in Canada. In other case the boiler may be put outside. Please see attach

That's 5 years old and I'm not sure what it means. But I am sure of what my insurance agent told me. And that's who I have to satisfy.

Talk to any insurance company and you will find this statement to be basically false, they won't insure a house heated by any central heating appliance that does not have a legitimate CSA/UL sticker. As these units are for indoor installations good luck finding customers willing to take that risk, if you honestly divulge the reality you will discover them to be few and far between. This is the reason you don't see a lot of in-expensive European or Asian boilers available in the N.A. market, they are not willing to jump through the costly hoops put in their way for proper certification. Call it protectionism or blame the insurance companies if you like, but it is what it is.

We are out there for the hardworking people that need affordable and efficient heating appliance. Wood boiler is a lot about independent and free living. If your balls are warm and insured keep it there. For all other guys that are out there fighting for a fair free living.. well we are here to help and proud of all people we are helping to simplify their life with the best effective boiler on the market.

These boilers are of good quality and I think they are worth the money. I have one. However, from my experience, MBTEK is extremely frustrating to work with.

These boilers are of good quality and I think they are worth the money. I have one. However, from my experience, MBTEK is extremely frustrating to work with.

Do you have any pictures of the combustion chamber(s)? Trying to determine if these are downdraft gasifiers or a more conventional boiler design.