Timberwolf outside air connection question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mixpat

Dec 10, 2013
Bedford, New Hampshire
First time pellet stove owner. Picked up a 2yr old Timberwolf TPS35. It seems to operate very well. I noticed the fresh air intake pipe on the back of the stove doesn't lead to anything. Its just a short 2" pipe to connect the OAK to...but, there is nothing on the other end of the pipe heading into the stove. Maybe a silly question, but should that connect to something? Like I said, the stove seems to run well, although a little smoky and not much flame when set to "low". When on "medium" or "high", it runs great with an excellent flame.

Thanks. It doesn't make sense to me either. I can feel cold air behind the stove, which can't be right. So, on most stoves the fresh air pipe should connect to the firebox? A local dealer sells these things, so perhaps I'll stop by and ask about it. Otherwise, this seems like a nice stove that throws good heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.