Tightening door handle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shortys7777

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2017
Smithfield, RI
Noticed some black on my glass. Let the fire burn out and did the paper test. The entire side near the handle i could pull the paper out. As I got to the edges and made my way across it kept getting tighter. Is there a way to adjust the handle and make it tighter? It does feel pretty loose when closing the door lately. The stove is a enviro Kodiak. Door gasket is 1.5 seasons old. Flame was under control last night and its been heating great. Just worried with 2 babies in the house. If not should I pull the entire gasket and put a new one in? Thanks

So I tried to tighten the nut because I see some extra thread. Doesn't want to move. I loosen it up and this is what I see. Looks like it stripped as it was going on. There should be enough thread to get a new nut on. Now I need to find the exact size. Really want to get this stove going again. Would a normal nut from home depot be fine?
Tightening door handle?

You can try.might have to chase those threads.also add anti seize

Attachments

• Tightening door handle?
    20210121_183853.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 91
Not a bad place to have a full set of threads. Hate to inadvertently have the nut come off. Hot fire time. A thought.

So I bought a nut. I can get 2 full turns exactly. I'm worried it may come off with use. Either I use thread lock or i get the tap and die set and redo the entire thing in my vise. Maybe try some loads this weekend when I'll be home all day.