Ticket for Northeastern Forest Expo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trehugr

Hearth Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Greenwood, Maine
Is it possible to purchase a boiler at the show, or any other items ? Or are they there for demo purposes only ? Got my ticket today and sort of wondered.

Also, planning on flying to Burlington Intl. from Turner ME. 5-10-08 weather permitting. If there's anyone who is not afraid to fly, that would like to share airplane expenses, and in my area or somewhere enroute let me know. (Cessna 172SP) (Nice Plane) If the weather is uncooperative i'll drive anyway and wouldn't mind helping someone who needs a ride.

You can buy stuff at the show. Usually there are people selling chainsaw accessories, i.e., $10 Oregon chain loops, hard hats, chaps, etc. Also, it's not uncommon for people to buy big ticket items like boilers at the show. You can usually get a discount based on the fact that they don't have to haul it back home. I'll be happy to sell you a magazine subscription, some shirts, hats, books, whatever.

Seriously, look me up when you get there and say hi.

Active spring weather patterns, tough call. Won't really know until I call Flight Service for a preliminary briefing on Friday. One way or the other i'll be there. Looking forward to seeing you there Craig. What part of western MA are you from ? My Grandmother is in North Adams, she turns 103 May 22nd. I will take a day and go see her on her Bday.

We are in Southampton - near northampton and easthampton (pioneer valley).

I think Harley lives up in N Adams or near there.....probably still has plow piles up that way.

I will PM my cell number to Eric and you....and also post some other notes here so we can get some hand shakes together.

trehugr said:
Also, planning on flying to Burlington Intl. from Turner ME. 5-10-08 weather permitting. If there's anyone who is not afraid to fly, that would like to share airplane expenses, and in my area or somewhere enroute let me know. (Cessna 172SP) (Nice Plane)

Hell my motto on msn chat always was "Will fly to women" so hell'yeah, assuming you want to fly this far southwest of Burlington. If not, at least take pics. Ones of the look on the ferry-riders' faces as you are straffin' um out on Champlain would be very cool :coolsmirk:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
trehugr said:
Also, planning on flying to Burlington Intl. from Turner ME. 5-10-08 weather permitting. If there's anyone who is not afraid to fly, that would like to share airplane expenses, and in my area or somewhere enroute let me know. (Cessna 172SP) (Nice Plane)

Hell my motto on msn chat always was "Will fly to women" so hell'yeah, assuming you want to fly this far southwest of Burlington. If not, at least take pics. Ones of the look on the ferry-riders' faces as you are straffin' um out on Champlain would be very cool :coolsmirk:

Well, ISeeDeadBTUs, how far southwest ? Wheres home ? Anyway it looks like the weather is going south. Tomorrow i'll make a pre assessment of the weather. Up in Greenville we drop grapefruits out of float-planes at targets, think we could do that to the ferrys ? Maybe we could....oh never mind. :coolsmile:

The Central Classic E arrived today. I got a good look inside. Big, single firebox with a refractory base and three nozzles with some weird steel tubes running crossways. On the trailer are three really nasty, green, rotten spruce blocks. I suspect that's what they're going to burn in the thing. It will be very interesting to see how it works (or not). It's in an outside lot, so I assume they're going fire that sucker up. The Econoburn and EKOs will be arriving tomorrow (Thursday). The weather forecast is calling for rain south of Rutland on Friday, so it looks like no rain after tomorrow morning. Good deal all around. Plenty of interesting stuff showed up today. We were pretty busy unloading. I managed to drop a chipper off the forklift first thing this morning. Minimal damage, but pretty embarrasing--my first accident in 25 years of doing this.

Like I said, look me up at the show office in the Expo Centre building. No doubt I'll be confused with internet nics, real names, etc., but I'll still be glad to see you and show you around if possible.

No doubt I’ll be confused with internet nics, real names, etc., but I’ll still be glad to see you and show you around if possible.

I'm planning on a badge that says 'nofossil'. Maybe a T-shirt, even.

I'm not to sure wearing a shirt that says trehugr would be to good of an idea at the Forest Expo. Sort of like wearing Save the Whales to an Inuit block party.

See you there nofossil

I'll be coming up Saturday morning with a couple of friends. Looking foward to meeting folks from the boiler room.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.