Thru the wall help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oak4life

Nov 5, 2014
upstate ny
Hello everyone this is my first post in this forum. I really enjoy reading all of your posts and the wealth of information that all of you have and now find myself needing some help myself.
My question is about how do I connect from terracotta clay pipe to get to my double wall dvl pipe. I know that I should be using class a double wall pipe to do this. My question with that is the inside diameter of my clay flue pipe is 7" and the outside diameter of class a is 8". Not sure if this would work.
My house is a ranch style with an internal chimney up through the middle of my house if this makes any difference. Thanks for all your input fellas. Thru the wall help

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Hello everyone this is my first post in this forum. I really enjoy reading all of your posts and the wealth of information that all of you have and now find myself needing some help myself.
My question is about how do I connect from terracotta clay pipe to get to my double wall dvl pipe. I know that I should be using class a double wall pipe to do this. My question with that is the inside diameter of my clay flue pipe is 7" and the outside diameter of class a is 8". Not sure if this would work.
My house is a ranch style with an internal chimney up through the middle of my house if this makes any difference. Thanks for all your input fellas.
you need an insulated wall pass thru to do that. there are kits from many manufacturers available. I have found that olympia's is the easiest to work with

Last edited by a moderator:
you need an insulates wall pass thru to do that there are kits from many manufacturers available. I have found that olympia's is the easiest to work with
Are these compatible with dvl double wall pipe? Is it possible to just install an 18" piece of duratech class a pipe and mortar it into place?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Are these compatible with dvl double wall pipe? Is it possible to just install an 18" piece of duratech class a pipe and mortar it into place?
yeah you will just have a stainless pipe sticking out of the pass thru you can hook what ever you want to that. And yes you could just use class a chimney pipe if it would fit but it doesn't so why not use the part specifically designed and tested for the application. All of the parts and instructions will be there for you and it will fit correctly..

Status
Not open for further replies.