Things I have learned here.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crater22

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2014
brookville, indiana
First is that nobody makes a fool of you for asking stupid questions. (Which I have done)

Second. In looking at the thread of pics of inserts, I noticed that most every one has a good fire going in them. I have always tried to keep mine down, and round up with glowing red coals. which has been causing my temps to go crazy. (so I am thinking)

3rd. Is in the post of not using the blower all the time. I would never have thought about that. I have my insert in the family room, where I spend the majority of my time. The room temps at time get as high as 83 degrees F..

I will have to experiment with the above and hopefully after 3 years of use, I can get this right.

Many thanks to all and to all a Merry Christmas

I've been here a few years now, and I still learn new bits of stove geekery all the time, which has been very useful.

I also like going over to the Gear forum and ogling other peoples' toys. (Oooooh, a front end loader... I wonder if I could afford that and the divorce that comes with it... _g )

My thanks as well to all the pros and experienced burners that help us all out here every day.

Crader22 Follow Blazing and Jetsam two of the best insert burners here! I have lots to learn also.