Thermocouple Chemistry?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin_courier

Hearth Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Portland, OR
First post, happy to find your site. Does anyone know what type (K, E, T, etc) of thermocouples are used in the industry? Specifically SIT thermocouples and RobertShaw TC's and 750mv TP's?

Just curious. Thanks,

Jeff

I don't think this answers your question but I am messing about with a TC circuit for to measure stove temperature. The K type is the one I have chosen. IT is very common. I have purchased a small probe with 6 foot leads for $15. I am in the middle of building a simple circuit to amplify and display temperature. I hope to get it mostly done before I go back to work on Tuesday next.

If you want to swap notes on TCs or TC circuits I would be glad to.

regards, Mike

As far as I know there is no " Standard " It depends on the device being fed and the temp range. Most devices will specify a type or types of TC to be used. for more info see
http://www.omega.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.