thelin parlour 3000 keeps going out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tactical

Jan 17, 2014
nw oregon
my stove goes through start up and then runs for 15 minutes or so. The pellets stop dropping. When the fire is almost out, it usually drops a few pellets, but its too late. The hopper fills up with unburnt pellets and it goes out. Sometimes the stove just goes out without dropping any pellets. Could this be issues with the t2 sensor going bad and detecting too much heat? I throughly clean everything in my thelin each week. my next plan is too take it apart and clean off my circuit boards and clean and check all insulation on the t1 and t2 sensors.

Does the red light come on? The T2 sensor could be clogged. Stick a piece if wire through it to make sure. Do you run it on the clean cycle once a week?

Does the red light come on? The T2 sensor could be clogged. Stick a piece if wire through it to make sure. Do you run it on the clean cycle once a week?
no, the red light does not come on. never has. i thought the red light is the indicator for an exhaust obstruction detected by the t1 sensor? yes i run the clean cycle each week as well as vacuum the internal exhaust areas with the supplied flexible hose.

im waiting for the stove to cool down but will be checking both sensors shortly. i just spent the last 3 hours hand feeding and relighting the stove so it is a little warm.

Whenver my stove does this, it's usually time for a new proof of fire snap disc. Not sure what that equates to on your stove.

Clean the stove and the venting.

Eric

I am probably wrong on the sensor #. It's the round ceramic on mounted in the exhaust stream.

Fixed! The t1 sensor (ceramic exhaust) had a small ball of dander with ash plugged in it. Plus all the cicuit boards were covered in a heavy layer of ash and dust, which I cleaned as well. So far I have lit the stove twice without any problem. Despite the light never coming on, that was the problem. Thanks Wwert!

My gnome does this routine and I've cleaned and cleaned it, replaced the sensor--no luck. Good pellets/bad pellets not sure what is going on. Anyone have any other ideas? I'm about ready to gut it and make my own feeder and system in it rather than go through the start/stop routine constantly or buy sensors every 4 months....

Fixed! The t1 sensor (ceramic exhaust) had a small ball of dander with ash plugged in it. Plus all the cicuit boards were covered in a heavy layer of ash and dust, which I cleaned as well. So far I have lit the stove twice without any problem. Despite the light never coming on, that was the problem. Thanks Wwert!

Here is the functional description of the T1 sensor. It makes sense, glad you fixed it. :)
T1 Sensor for Thelin pellet stoves. Part # 00-0005-0027. Mounted w/Brass Compression Fitting. The T-1 Sensor is to keep unit from over-heating & sense downdraft conditions. The T-1 also plays a role in operation of Feed Motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.