The ultimate digital temperature control for woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

surviverguy

Mar 19, 2012
I spent the night thinking about my soon to build "oak" intake with damper(s). My current exhaust damper doesn't close (poor design). I think I'll add an exhaust damper to the 6" exhaust stack and leave the current damper at stove top wide open. How high above the stove (inches) should the exhaust damper be?
I am imagining using two sensors, one sensor for the stovetop temps and another sensor for the exhaust temps after the damper. Digital temperature controllers and some type of actuators could modulate the exhaust and intake flows to minimize creosote while maintaining longer burn times and increased heat output.
It's the control stradegy that I'm trying to figure out. Anybody have any ideas on this?

Nestor Martin has a remote control damper system I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.