The new Blaze King Ultra has been installed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Had a new BKULTRA put in Monday after a two week wait,shipped direct from factory. In my opinion a nice looking piece of work,built like a brick smokehouse. So far it has been everything that I've been told it would be.Easy enough to fire up,right out of the box mine was cooking in about 20 minutes, temperatures here though have been mild,low 30's so I probably won't get a chance to prove it out this year.On a half load of black oak it buned 24 hours easily and the house temperature never fluctuated more than 2 degrees,keeping it at between 73 and 75 degrees with a window cracked 10 feet from it. Also when I wanted to watch a fire when it got dark I turned it on 3 and had as good a fire as I had with the 4 other stoves I've previously owned.I won't say I wasn't hesitant about a cat stove at first but in a short five days i'm happy. Tremendous size firebox,Blaze King factory people as as good as it gets when I questioned them about a few things.One last thing my flu temperatures never got over 400 degrees which is something I'm not used to. Next winter will tell me whether or not the King truly is. Thanks for listening.

Congratulations on the new stove. May it serve you well for many years. The 400 degree flue temperature is something you will get used to. lol So long as it burns clean all is well and that, of course, means you should always burn good dry wood. Well seasoned. In our cat stove, we've cleaned it once and have now had it 4 winters. It is our only source of heat too so I'd say it is a clean burner. I like the cats!

Enjoy burning in that bad boy.

Congrats on the new stove! Now we need some pictures.

Way to go there. Congratulations. Now you know we are going to bug you to death for pictures, toe tapping beginning now, tap tap tap. :)

Yea. Pictures. Not for "A picture is worth a 1000 words" reason
We just like pictures & see new stuff & get ideas.
At least 3 posts should mentioned to burn dry well seasoned wood,
I think this is 2, we'll need one more to keep to the standards. :)

Oh: Congrats. I agree, well built stove.
I like mine & the improved pipe has helped in maintaing house temps in the low 70s
with 20°s at night, 35° to 45° days. 60% load & 24 hr + burn times.
Need to learn how to add wood at night with last nights fire still allot left to burn.

Make sure you burn dry well seasoned wood!
There now that we have that covered we need pictures ;-)

Congrats...kick us some pics.

Congrats +2. I don't need pics, I stare at mine often enough. Black oak, I can only dream....

sweet momma! u gonna love that thing!

ohlongarm congrats on the new stove, Where abouts in northeastern ohio are you???

I'll try and get some pictures posted this weekend.Thanks

Ok..have some fun with it.
When you reload and it's way up in temps turn it to 3 for awhile..maybe 5-10 mins...then turn the air down to 1 fast.
Enjoy the light show..lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.