The cozy Hearth!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
If was on my yahoo feed. I must have a history of searching for fire related stuff, lol.

I imagine it would survive just fine. Foreign object damage would probably take a toll on it. Eye sockets are a bit thin to have logs fall on them

I'm not sure how much thermal mass it would have. Might be be easier to use a hunk of metal, old free weights or something in the back of the firebox. Firebricks are pretty cheap too.

Yeah, but this looks cooler.

I have a friend that would love them for her fireplace.

I'm not sure how much thermal mass it would have. Might be be easier to use a hunk of metal, old free weights or something in the back of the firebox. Firebricks are pretty cheap too.

Yea in shoulder season I've been adding 8 "hard" bricks each 4x2.5x9 thus reducing my NC-30 to about 66% normal volume.