The correct connector?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funnydirt14

Jan 31, 2015
Central Pennsylvania
On my Harman P68, the insulated wire connectors have a roof top shape to the plastic protection. The male and female have the same shape as to fit together. This might be a dumb question, but has anyone come up with the supplier of these connectors? I have looked online and can't find them. I don't want to change what is on the wires that are from factory. My new distribution motor has no connectors so I wanted to replace with the same style connector.

OK, I think I found what I was looking for. The contacts are made by AMP/Tyco Electronics from a company called Jamesco.com. The part#'s are 524120 and 524197. This is funny because I worked for AMP/Tyco Electronics for 20 years and now work at a stamping company that does work for Tyco Electronics. We never made these type of connectors at the places I worked. So hope this helps someone else.

The connectors really aren't that critical - they are probable blade terminals with a proprietary housing.

If you really want them to match, cut them from the original item and splice them onto the new motor.

The connectors really aren't that critical - they are probable blade terminals with a proprietary housing.

If you really want them to match, cut them from the original item and splice them onto the new motor.
They are male and female blade terminals and they are proprietary. I haven't had a failure with the motors or blowers yet, but I purchased a back-up for the distribution motor. The back-up had no contacts, so I ordered the correct ones so when the time comes all I have to do is replace and plug. No splicing or rigging for me.

The correct connector? These?

http://www.gardnerbender.com/en/products/terminations/disconnects/fully-insulated

The ones I have in my wiring stock came from Home Depot and look exactly the same. Mine were 10 for $2.95 for each type. I always have them on hand. Glad you were able to locate them.

The ones I have in my wiring stock came from Home Depot and look exactly the same. Mine were 10 for $2.95 for each type. I always have them on hand. Glad you were able to locate them.
I saw last night that Home Depot has them and in stock. Wish I would have seen them before I ordered them online. I ended up paying $13 for 20 male and 20 female connectors.

I saw last night that Home Depot has them and in stock. Wish I would have seen them before I ordered them online. I ended up paying $13 for 20 male and 20 female connectors.
You didn't really get ripped off but you may not of needed 20 of each. My costs for the same quantity would of been more then you paid with tax added in.

Now you have them which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.