The Check is in the Mail

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad S.

Hearth Supporter
Nov 27, 2007
West Bend WI
Just ordered a new fireview and chimney package. Now I have to wait 6-8 weeks for my hand to heal so I can start ripping the old heatilator out :-)

Congrats and good luck!!

Congratulations! You will love that stove! There are lots of them in Wisconsin and Michigan.

You got two hands, just use the other one. Id be going nuts waiting to get that stove installed.

Congrats on the stove. What color did you get?

Got the charcoal. Now I can get my hand surgery on Mon. then stare at a crate in my dining room >:( My install is a little weird. I am ripping out a decorative half wall which sticks into the room 54" and an interior chase from a p.o.s. heatilator in the basement, then building the pad on top of it. My 16"o.c. roof trusses and want for a nice stone veneer on the wall of the hearth are dictating my chimney placement which will put the stove front 48" from the wall. Might look a little strange and if it does I suppose I could offset it with 45's closer to the wall, but I'll try a straight up install first as it will easily fit on the 5x5 pad with the required 8" clearance in front. Probably wont get started for weeks but when I do i'll post some pics. I like taking my time on home projects so hopefully I'll get to use the stove once or twice before summer, but haste makes waste so it will probably be april when its done. Can't wait. Next winter the electric co. can stick it with our 4-500 dollar electric bills!! We are 100% electric baseboard, dryer, and stove. No propane or gas period! When we don't run the heat our bill is usually 70-90 and hopefully it will stay like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.