The boring post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rockey

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 18, 2007
SW Ohio
Ok Im bored because its rainy and I can't get any work done today so Im going to post something as equally as boring. I finally got our front yard filled in so I can move the wood processing over behind the carport. I tried last summer to get an excavating company that was looking to dump fill dirt for free to fill this in but it fell through. This year the wife helped out and got 30+ truckloads for me. I went and bought a skid steer this week which will help in future yard work and firewood processing.

Before this our local tree service guy would drop free wood off but it was always scattered throughout the front yard. Never bothered anyone but me because there isn't another house within sight but when we had party's, parking was somewhat limited. Now we have a ton more room and I can't wait till he comes back to to drop off more wood, although Im going to have to get some grass growing to help with the mud. The pictures aren't the best but you can get an idea.

The boring post

The boring post

The boring post

The boring post

Thanks, its not quite flat yet. Im hoping to get more dirt in the future. All I have to do is use the dirt pusher thingy and make the yard bigger.