The battle continues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

gotboostido

Hearth Supporter
Jun 23, 2008
south shore, ma
It's been awhile since I've been on. I thought I would offer up an update. Having the wood split by Thanksgiving never happened LOL. Really didn't even come close. So anyways I'm back at it got some splits going and some stacking. I think I underestimated the amount of what I have. My question is my splits too big. I mean they're going to fireplace no problem but I planned on having a wood stove installed by next winter.

Don't worry, running behind on wood gathering is normal for most. Your splits should vary in size so you can really fill your stove. Having all large splits will prevent you from doing that. Plus larger splits take longer to season.

Reactions: PA Fire Bug