Thanks to all for your advice and guidance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpeterb

Hearth Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
Western PA
Thank you to all that responded to my thread cozeburn -vs- hawkens, as well as to those that have posted so much valuable information on this forum. I am new to the forum, but in the short time I have been here, I have read and learned a lot. I was focused on getting an OWB, but after reading many posts, reviews, etc., I think I have finally decided on an EKO 40 which will go in my garage instead. Before hearing from all of you, I didn't even know the first thing about gasifiers. I am sure I will be back with questions about set up and fine tuning, but I feel confident that I will be happy with my furnace, especially after speaking with Dave from CozyHeat....a class act and a great company in my opinion (and no, I don't work for them....LOL).

Thanks again,
Andy

Congrats and I know you will be happier in the long run (and short as they are really fun to set up and heat with). P.S. Belated welcome to the forum.

Yes, welcome to the Boiler Room, Andy. We've got people here who will help you every step of the way.

Congrats Andy, I don't think you'll ever regret your decision.

Welcome-- it's a good group indeed 'round here. Once you get it going (and folks here will help you get there) you'll almost certainly never regret going with a gasification boiler.

Cozy Heat Dave is a good guy. He is my one competitor (of sorts) in the wood burning market that I will say that about. I wish I could say that about more but the sad fact is that nearly all of the dealers or whatever you want to call them will tell a person nearly anything to make a sale. That's a pretty broad stroke of the brush but sadly it's true. Lot's of resellers/dealers just don't know the in's and out's of hydronic piping and controls, especially in the OWB crowd.

You won't regret your decision. Take the time to understand what you need to do and how to set up your system. Don't cut any corners on tube size or other components and you'll do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.