System upgrade...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
... The first thing I see after the upgrade is... an ad for women’s undergarments.

C’mon! Why does everything have to be monetized? I fear the demise of this site.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Meh . . . been here since 2008 and been through a few "upgrades" . . . some good, some bad and some with very few changes other than change for change's sake. It's all part of the circle of life. I figure I get out of this site what I pay for it as a premium, super-special member.

wow a whole new look at hearth .com. Ashful, even you look good

Reactions: Ashful
... The first thing I see after the upgrade is... an ad for women’s undergarments.

C’mon! Why does everything have to be monetized? I fear the demise of this site.
If it’s going to be an ad, you could have done worse than female underwear.

The adds are based upon your Google search history so???? Lol

There are apparently still a few bugs to work out but we have always had adds nothing new. That is how the site is paid for. They do seem to be bigger now

Some ads that are usually filtered out may make it through for awhile. This was a Major upgrade and many things didn't port over from the old site. It will take time to get to all the little things done.

Reactions: Woody Stover
It was recommended to not load tapatalk at all as it is so poorly supported and the regular browser works good on mobile devices. We have many that like it so I kept it. Try logging out and back in. Tapatalk is working for me on iphone.

It was recommended to not load tapatalk at all as it is so poorly supported and the regular browser works good on mobile devices. We have many that like it so I kept it. Try logging out and back in. Tapatalk is working for me on iphone.
I tried it before and never liked it. I just use the regular browser and it has work fine for me.

The upgrade took quite awhile. I heard that it was actually complete after an hour, but it took another 3 hours to figure out how to get begreen's animated avatar to work.

Reactions: Ashful and SpaceBus
i dont like the taptalk setup so yall are just saying go through google like im doing now?i seem to like the site better like this

Reactions: SpaceBus
Just checked and TapaTalk is working for me. Also tried a couple browsers on the phone. Both work, but in Chrome without ad blocking the ads were really heavy, like one for every few posts in a thread. Good thing this was on wireless and not running up data usage. I don't mind the banner ads but this was nuts.

Reactions: SpaceBus
i dont like the taptalk setup so yall are just saying go through google like im doing now?i seem to like the site better like this
Tapatalk is terrible every time I try it.

wow a whole new look at hearth .com. Ashful, even you look good

Must be broken!

I don’t mind the ads for women’s undergarments, at least the one I got. There are worse things to look at.

16 replies with 7 embedded ads each of which has ‘live’ content, flickering away. If it’s gonna flicker, it should be on fire. Otherwise, it just interferes with content.

I wonder what it would cost per year to opt out of advertisements. Seriously...admins, find a way?

I suddenly realize that I’ve aged into a curmudgeon. I’m not at all ashamed of this.

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC
Can somebody tell me the way to upscaling the text? I have been trying everything but text is real small. Talking about the phone not a PC.

Where are my panty ads?:mad:
Here ya go
2015-Hot-Sale-New-Fashion-3D-Print-Female-Funny-Sexy-Underwear-Panties-Free-Shipping.jpg

Reactions: bholler and Ludlow
@begreen , can you tell me where to find my watched threads are? I had it bookmarked but that page no longer resolves, and I can't find it in my profile...:mad:

That is one for @webfish. I just noticed I have lost my bookmarks too. :mad: Checking...

There’s ads every 2 posts on my end...

Ooo even inside of posts those are some nice shoes

FD2AD40E-3AC2-40A4-8084-11075E7A2529.png

Last edited by a moderator: