sweet home stove works?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: rockmom
Is this a wood stove?

High Sierra bought the Sweet Home brand from Sierra in Virginia. Once again it is now back to Sierra Products but in California. They have changed the pellet stove line to "EasyFire" and use the Sweet Home name on their pellet grills now.

Yes, looks like an old fellow. Here are the pictures.

sweet home stove works? sweet home stove works?

I sent off a email to get more info as they have a 12volt stove in the lineup

u guys are great! thanks so much! I replaced the auger motor yday but it doesnt run with any rhyme or reason. Also fans dont kick on or anything. I am worried the brain board went out but it was ok when I took the old motor off....I have no paperwork on this stove so cant really look it up or troubleshoot. I am learning about all aspects of fixing and replacing in my home since my husband passed away. So your help is so very appreciated. :

Is there a vacuum switch on the unit? If so, examine that safety system carefully. You should be able to remove the hose from the vacuum switch and determine it is not plugged. The easiest was to do this is suck gently on it. If air passes through the hose then examine the switch itself by jumpering the terminals across it. Unplug the stove first, this is a live circuit. If that restores proper auger and stove operation then replace the switch. If no air passes through the hose then there is a clog that needs to be cleared.

From what little I have gleaned from their site, the stove shares components with the Thelin stoves. Not good. No vacuum switch. Just two sensors. What I believe to be proof of fire and over fire. The board upgrade if the same as the Thelin is around $600 as there was a thread on this subject of how ugly the prices were for fan and board for the Thelin now. Rockmom what did you pay for the new fan assembly?

the auger motor was 107.00 with shipping about 125.
That's not bad. Wish you could post more of the model numbers etc of the stove to see if could track down manuals etc

date of mfr...08-88
serial #...PF 00453
Solitaire PFA 2000

Does any of this help? if you know exactly what I need to look for it would help. there is a lot of written material on a sticker on the back of stove. the small box with the "brain" in it says model 300.

I sent an email to Sierra...the response was less than polite saying that although the purchased sweet home they have no help to offer and then a link to their catalog...so that was a dead end.:rolleyes::confused:

I e mailed them for dealer locate and was taken to a web site too. No support for the stoves. Seem to be pushing pellet fired grills.

The company name has been sold at least four times since the original Sierra Stove Works went belly up down in Harrisburg, VA in 1989. When they went under they were building mail carts for the Postal Service trying to stay afloat. I heated this place with one of their wood stoves from 1985 to 2006.

No surprise that they aren't supporting that old stove. Heck finding anybody that supports a 26 year old anything is kinda tough.

Yes. I am still wondering how you figured out what auger motor to buy.

It is gonna be a money pit. And we haven't even asked about how you are/plan to vent it yet.

Ah. I see that the pics BG posted are your stove and piping.

Status
Not open for further replies.