Supreme Galaxy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jonlor

Jul 7, 2021
Georgia
Purchased a Supreme Galaxy fireplace insert. Nothing but problems with this product. Spoke with tech representative, they won’t believe me when I tell them about the problem. What happened to the saying the customer is right. In this case according to them I’m wrong. Don’t buy. Unless you want a $3000.00 piece of junk metal art in your living room.

J.

Reactions: Alaskan
Please explain in detail what the problems are. Including details about the installation would also be helpful. Sometimes the issue is with the installation and not the product. Details like chimney liner diameter and height, fireplace location (basement, main floor), wood dryness are welcome.

Would prefer to discuss via phone instead of using a public browser.
Contact phone number would be great.

Discussing it here so other people can learn as well is best. Besides you will get better advice from the collective knowledge of the forum than any one of us.

Can you describe the installation? Type of fuel and how long it has been cut split and covered. And how you are operating the stove? It is possible it's a problem with the stove but it is much more common that it's a problem with the install, fuel or operation.

Reactions: Alaskan and begreen
We need the whole picture in order to help out. The mission of this site is education. By sharing your issues and hopefully solving them, others reading the thread in the future will benefit.

Last edited:
Interesting looking ZC. Most will find that those ZC's that are flush are mainly for looks and are not up to the task of heating your home since it relies on the fan to do all the heat distribution. Would love to hear about what your issues are with it.

According to Obadiah's it is a discontinued product, how old is this install?

I know nothing about this particular fireplace but I have to say I completely disagree that most find high efficiency zc fireplaces not up to the task. Yes they clearly are much more reliant on fans than a freestanding stove would be. But they can still be very effective heaters

Purchased a Supreme Galaxy fireplace insert. Nothing but problems with this product. Spoke with tech representative, they won’t believe me when I tell them about the problem. What happened to the saying the customer is right. In this case according to them I’m wrong. Don’t buy. Unless you want a $3000.00 piece of junk metal art in your living room.

J.
I recently (after a year delay) had a Supreme Galaxy Semi Classic installed, after the second use the fan quit working, last night it shorted out (I knew because the lights on the same circuit went out). After it cooled down this morning the installers electrician discovered the fan motor wiring melted! It seems crazy that there is so little protection form the firebox to where the fan is. Is this by chance one of the issues you had?
I also had a lot more then usual (I’m assuming) metal expansion noises.
The fire wasn’t unusually big.

I am also dealing with Supreme ZC fireplace issues. I installed a Ambiance Elegence in October. The Handle is extremely flimsy and has failed. I installed a replacement which is also having issues as well. I can no longer safely open and close the door leaving the fireplace useless 3 months after a professional install. Has anyone else dealt with supreme and there warranty? Image shows how the metal failed.
Supreme Galaxy