Summers heat (Madison)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bb1580

Oct 19, 2018
Kansas
I just finished my break in fires in my new stove and the stove is night and day from the old Ashley imperial! Stove back puffs and is a booger to get going sometimes so I will need to add some height to my chimney but I’m curious on the easiest way to do this. I currently have a 14’ chimney from the top of the stove to the roof. It comes out of the stove 2 ft then 90’s then a almost 4ft horizontal run into a tee then up a SS flex liner up 12 ft. I know the 4 ft horizontal run and 90’s aren’t helping but I didn’t att that to my chimney length. I think I need a 3 ft extension on the top where the rain cap is connected but I’m not sure the best way to do this. Any suggestions?