Subaru Impreza and Craigslist has me set!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Toasty-Yote

Dec 13, 2022
New York
Found a listing for free wood from a lot that was cleared last year so I loaded a little over a face cord into my Impreza over two trips. A lot of ash and maple. Some of it is still a little damp so I split those pieces smaller and cross stacked most of it since I felt it allows more air through. On my second trip I loaded 652 pounds into my hatchback. Surprisingly, along with my 200lb self, it was still a smidge under the 900lb max load for an Impreza. Dewalt 16" for the bigger logs and Dewalt 12" mitre for the smaller diameter stuff. You can tell I like Dewalt products. 12lb Fiskars maul for the bigger logs and then kindling cracker for the smaller stuff.

Subaru Impreza and Craigslist has me set!Subaru Impreza and Craigslist has me set!Subaru Impreza and Craigslist has me set!Subaru Impreza and Craigslist has me set!

Reactions: Pinesmoke
Whatever it takes! Some may laugh but this winter you will smile.

DeWalt 16 inch circular saw?
Good looking pile of firewood. I like to burn ash.
No, the 16" is a battery powered chainsaw. Love it. The 12" mitre is great for smaller stuff with max diameter of around 5". Works well for me since more than half of my wood is small deadfall that I carry out of the woods on my shoulder. The carbide tipped blade seems to last forever even with dry buckthorn.