stove panel button not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cheeks

Nov 18, 2012
MA
So, my on/off button on the pellet stove no longer works. I know there is a panel, and underneath there is a motherboard.
I have received an estimate for 350+ parts and 125+ labor to replace both, which is surprising because the repair person didn't take anything apart.
All of the other buttons on the panel work.
I have a regency GCI60 pellet insert purchased in 2012.

My question for anyone that has had a similar issue: Is it a given that if the on/off button doesn't work that the motherboard will have to be replaced?

Thank you in advance for any help on this. I'm not sure to just get it done, or get a second opinion.

for most of the general public yes the board would need to be replaced. But if you have some decent soldering skills the tactile switches are .50-1.50 each and your own time to change them. I just finished a Breckwell board that all 5 were corroded inside from being in a damp basement its whole life

I have zero soldering skills.
From what I understand you're saying, is that if I press the button and it doesnt work then automatically the motherboard has to be replaced?

for most of the general public yes the board would need to be replaced. But if you have some decent soldering skills the tactile switches are .50-1.50 each and your own time to change them. I just finished a Breckwell board that all 5 were corroded inside from being in a damp basement its whole life

Well it would depend on what kind of control board the stove has. So a single board with the switches on it would be a, Yes you need a board. The style that has a separate board and uses a daughter board for the user interface is a No just change the daughter board.. Do you know which one you have?

The parts list has both a mother and daughter board (respectively gc60-023, gc60-022).
The repair person brought a part but said he forgot the top panel part where the buttons are. I said since we're missing the plastic on the button that i'd like that too. But I don't know what else he had.

Well it would depend on what kind of control board the stove has. So a single board with the switches on it would be a, Yes you need a board. The style that has a separate board and uses a daughter board for the user interface is a No just change the daughter board.. Do you know which one you have?